Hot dogs, apple pie, my kids, baseball and the Summer Olympic Games. These are just a few of the things that make me proud to be an American, in no particular order of course. I have enjoyed them as a child, with my amazing oldest who is nearly grown (excuse while I tear up for a moment) and now with my sweet little girl.
The Summer Olympic Games are here and we are pretty excited! Rio 2016 is a multi-sport event and we want to share in the sporting fun. We have constructed a few crafts but it is just not enough. We want more! So in the spirit of competition and sporting fun we have decided to do our own mini Olympic Games. It’s such a great way to get my kids and myself moving.
Here is a list of Olympic events we have been doing.
1. Badminton is a lot of fun. It is also a great way to get your heart rate up and burn a little fat. My daughter says she is going to compete in this category someday and I know she can do it.
2. Swimming is always fun. We have been very inspired by the swimming events and are even working on becoming faster and mastering some new strokes.
3. Archery is one of our favorites. It is so precise and requires a lot of concentration. This is a great way to teach your little one to focus. We have a Zing Air Hunterz Z-Curve Bow set at home and there are also archery classes offered in our area.
Affiliate link. Read disclosure here.
4. We love tennis and it is a great way to stay active. We have been doing things like bouncing the ball on our racket and practicing against the wall for maximum performance.
5. Fencing is also very fun for little ones. I have to be honest, we use our Disney pirate swords but the idea is the same. It is also great for burning a few calories.
6. Just for fun we added a jump roping category to our schedule. We are working on Double Dutch and jumping together. I’m pretty sure we are going to win the gold!