A dog is a dog unless he is a cat or a squid or a … Today we read A Dog Is a Dog by Stephen Shaskan. This is an adorable story about a dog that may not really be a dog. Pick up this story and follow along to see what dog really is. We decided to make our dog some tasty dog treats to go along with this story. It is a little cold where we live so we thought baking would be the perfect activity for today. We decided to include pumpkin in our recipe since it is so close to Thanksgiving. I think our little guy is going to love his treats. Here is the recipe we used.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. You can add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bake your treats in preheated oven until hard. This will take about 40 minutes.